Editorial notes on newspaper clippings
- Everything is collected with the main webpage on sdg16 in mind.
- We consider the world as an interconnected unity, where nations in their diversity are responsible for their own self unfolding. The relationship of citizens and government is the engine of nation building, be it symbiotic or parasitical. Foreign influence follows from the interconnectiveness but past and present show it is often unhelpful.
- In the context defined in point 1 and 2 the continent of Africa renders the best promise of future leadership.
- We limit ourselves to the international newspapers most frequented by leading politicians: Financial Times (FT), The Times (TT) and New York Times (NYT).
- The focus on newspapers is to minimize the negative effect of interest framing, an ever present risk in modern political information. For various resaons governments and think tanks are more prone to misinformation than newspapers.
- In principle we include all articles on Africa in the Financial Times.
- Contact us for further information about the abstracts.